Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dinner at The Ship

Went to The Ship for dinner last Sunday. Thought it would be expensive, but ended up quite reasonable. Sorry about the photos since I'm only using a phone camera plus the environment was rather dark.

For the appetizer, it was the 1/2 Dozen Escargots (RM 15.90). Small but delicious with the creamy and cheesy kind of dressing.


Next, you should also try the Seafood Chowder Soup (RM 9.90). It is a tomato or Thai kind of taste, but it doesn't have the strong sour taste. What we can find in the soup are: fish, squid, prawn, some vegetables. Erm... Love it!


As for the drinks, my girlfriend ordered a glass of mocktail known as Big Daddy (RM 8.00). Guess it is for the Father's Day promotion. I'd tried it after my meal and taste nicer than I thought. I don't really fancy in orange juice but this one come together with the taste of milk, cream, and orange, DUH! Should try if you like orange juice, coz you will love this. Perhaps.


Argh... shouldn't have ordered the salad coz it looks more like a Rojak to me, and not much surprise in it except the ham taste execellent. It is know as the Ship's Salad (RM 12.90), which consists of eggs, cheery tomato, cabbage, ham, and thousand island dressing. Nothing much, let's move on.


Here come the main course. Baked Fish (RM 22.90), which my girlfriend and I heard as "Big Fish" when it was served. Not much surprise, just fish fillet covers by cheese served with some vegetables, but is very filling. Small eater will be defeated by this meal.


Finally, ready to get cute and dirty. Kindda forgot what's the meal called, sounds something like Neptune Combo (RM 35.90), which served on a sizzling hot plate and you must be careful if you are wearning white. This is the dirty part. As for the cute part, the waiter actually come to me and wear me an apron... so sweet of him making me looks cute... and also a bit embarass. Anyway, the meal known as combo for the reason of having chicken fillet and tiger prawn in one plate. Also, not forget about the corn, the tomato, and the fries. Not much surprise as well, chicken tasted like chicken, prawn tasted like prawn. Still... no harm trying :p


Done. Again no more space for dessert. Will definitely try them on my next visit. So here's the conclusion:

1/2 Dozen Escargot - :)
Seafood Chowder Soup - :)
Big Daddy - :)
Ship's Salad - :|
Baked Fish - :|
Neptune Combo - :|

With 15% of taxes, kaching! RM 121.80 as the final bill.

2 comments:

  1. Woh~~~ nice dishes you ordered!! Next time go to a place that have TIBET food makan la~~ I bet there got very nice the food.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave told me Tibet famous with abalone. But I doubt so.

    ReplyDelete